Feelings

Sitting at my favourite wooden chair, I can't stop laughing at the fact that this corona virus made me self quarantine myself without waiting on the President to tell me to stay at home. The news from BBC was enough for me to know that this virus is real and its in Zimbabwe. Now it's going to be more like a month without sharing any gossip with my crazy friends at school and no hugs from loved ones and even the people who encouraged me to do better.

At first I really felt like this whole quarantine was torture because I started to think of all the chores that may rise when my mother is in the mood of decluttering stuff and even have too much energy to wash all the blankets in the house with the help of her last born(me). I even got worried about the movies because they were not enough for 21+ days.

But I started to think that this virus outbreak is bringing something positive as well because I don't have enough time with my family though I dedicate weekends. Dad is really addicted to making my life miserable but in a good way. Ever had that moment when you cooked the best breakfast and dad is like It was good but pakuda kaTea zvinyatsoita lol.

My mom on the other hand makes sure that I drink at least 3 litres of water and with this whole corona virus happening I have my fair share of lemon water every morning and the cross checks on the dishes I clean. It's like grooming 101 and more like bonding time with mommy dearest.

I read novels and finish them in less than 3 days and cook meals like a Chef sometimes since I didn't have a chance to cook during weekdays.

I would be lying if I didn't say that boredom is real sometimes. I always wanted to be indoors and just watch my favourite series, drinking juice and all but it's not that fun when you have time to do it everyday.

I am actually missing the moments when I work until my head starts spinning and research stuff and debate with myself.

The unproductive me is really creeping in and it feels permanent.

#mixedfeelings
#lockdown
#thoughts


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World Of Emojis

Zimbabwe @ 40 :A Letter To The Freedom Fighters

Appreciating Being A Woman