I Celebrate Your Motherhood!

I had the opportunity to experience my sister's pregnancy journey. At first I had no clue she was pregnant until I started seeing changes starting with the hunchbacks and the hard-core tummy and the numerous visits to the toilet lol. The best part about her pregnancy was her cravings, I gained weight and I'm not complaining because her cravings were so tasty. I'm talking about egg salad, fresh chips, marinated ribs(my favourite), chicken, sausages the list is endless. I was on cloud 9. One thing that no one finds amusing when a woman is pregnant is mood swings. One minute she was so sweet like candy and the next minute she caught feelings about the tiniest thing like dishing up late and she didn't want to be ignored on whatsapp, you had to prioritise her only lol. I started feeling like her pregnancy loved me more than anyone else. Her tummy was so big as if she had twins.

 As the months passed by, I imagined what it would be like in the labour room...The contractions, the screams, the doctor consoling or motivating her to push harder. 

After all the cravings and the mood swings, Zane was ready to see the world, the journey to discovering the world had began. 

One disclaimer though I wasn't in the hospital room with her at that moment, we were two worlds apart and my dream of seeing it happen in front of my own eyes was crushed. 

Krrrrrr krrrrrrr krrrrrr

The best news had arrived. I wanted to see the little boy so bad but I was shocked with my sister's reaction on the phone before she showed me a picture of him.

"Ha akashata mwana uyu, mhino yake irikutyisa."
(My child is so ugly, his nose is scary)

I laughed so hard at that moment and I couldn't wait to see the picture.

When I looked at the picture I was like wow!
You sure this is your kid😂
(Dramatic)

It was a moment

He grew up to be the most handsome boy because of the care, love and protectiveness of her mother   and the I don't wanna bath in the morning moments are never ending. It's like World war 3 every morning. 

I Celebrate your Motherhood My Sister!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Appreciating Being A Woman

Zimbabwe @ 40 :A Letter To The Freedom Fighters

The World Of Emojis