Being Alone Is Okay

I don't remember the time I sat alone with no one disturbing me. Just me and my crazy thoughts. I have always been around huge masses of people and yeah this made me think a little about this everyday celebrity vibes.

Why?
I felt like I needed to be around people to feel whole and yes it made me whole. Mingling with people getting their perspective on different things kept me so occupied and I got a lot of blog topics truth be told. I was crazy enough to group these masses. When I'm sad I had people to talk to, when I felt like I needed to turn up I knew the number to dial. When I wanted to be adventurous, when i wanted to be so white lol... people for everything. It felt like a way to escape reality...keeping the good vibes although I knew that life is hard. I even got into situations that were not necessary to kill time and it's a disease because i crave that first conversation where you get a glimpse of a person's life even though it's exaggerated sometimes.

But being around huge masses also makes you drown in judgement. People just feel like they have a right to give their opinion on what they like about you, what they don't like about you, what they prefer to see. Truth be told, you think about it and actually consider it for a period of time and just try to ignore it.

And yeah this is the time when I remeber my mother saying to me that you don't need friends.

But im just going to create my own quote, " You don't need to be a people's person to feel safe and escape reality."

So alone time is actually okay.

Let's just tap into what I do when I'm alone

I read novels
I dance to different songs in front of the mirror
I watch a lot of series
I cook
I sit at the balcony enjoying my amazing view of Zimbabwe.
I play around with my thoughts
I get hella creative
I just have awkward peace that feels really good

Its okay to be alone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World Of Emojis

Appreciating Being A Woman

Zimbabwe @ 40 :A Letter To The Freedom Fighters