Be Educated , Feed Your Talent

As a Zimbabwean child I grew up being told that education is the key to success and we can't do anything without education. I felt like it wasn't necessary just because I didn't get the mathematics, the chemistry, the biology but with a sjambok(stick) I had to master that equation because I didn't want to see that stick again.

I wanted to do music after my A Level because I was very passionate about it but my mother told me that I need to have a solid degree and do music after.

She told me that we don't have that strong economy to do things such as sports and music.

Contemplating on what she said I listened to my friends talk about goals and everybody wanted to score high points to go outside the country to get the best education and leave their mark to be called again for work outside the country.

I got to understand that Africa is not like America. Yes you can be talented in different ways but for you to go far you need education.

I understood that I need to value my education to have a bright future.

But however...

With the advent of social media, people have a chance to share their talents and attract different cultures. We get to showcase what Africans are made of using YouTube, Instagram and Twitter.

With that in mind as a blogger I got to appreciate our community because we write what we feel and we lift each other up and laugh about the habits we possess sometimes and share the difficulties we face in terms of blogging and opportunities. It's like having a sister or brother looking out for you.

I can safely say

Be educated and feed your talent and create a community of people who are as talented as you are and build an empire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World Of Emojis

Zimbabwe @ 40 :A Letter To The Freedom Fighters

Appreciating Being A Woman