Of Coffee Conversation Of Zupco Diaries

If you were having coffee with me I would tell you all that I know and feel about the introduction of the Zupco Bus for local transport. Let's get to it!

Out of all the problems we have in Zimbabwe, the introduction of the Zupco Bus for local travels was the best thing but every solution has its first downfalls which made me hesitant. At first I would see people scrambling to get into the Zupco Bus just to save money and women who were wearing skirts in particular were disadvantaged because the skirts ripped, diamonds were shown but the most important thing was being the smart money woman. Some were injured because of the Zupco pressure and I started to think that its better to take the commuter omnibus and put your safety first. Zimbabwean state of mind was creeping in:

"Ha makombi ari kudhura, mukuda kuty tiite sei mari haisikuwanika

1 week later
"Tingagodii ndoZimbabwe yacho"

We complain but get used in the end.
Eventually things got better and people started standing in queues waiting for the Zupco bus, being given tickets to avoid commotion. 

It was amusing to see...I wanted to try it out. Observing all of this I didn't think how people are struggling in Zimbabwe, my mind was set on how convenient this Zupco Bus strategy is...for the first time people did not walk with grumpy faces all the time, there was a little happiness. 

Moving to the Times I got the opportunity to get into a Zupco Bus because the commuter omnibuses from town to my school rates blow the roof. I woke up early that day, my mind set on catching the bus and besides I had an 0800 lecture. I walked so fast and my spirits went from like 100 to 0 when i saw the queue...I checked the time thinking that maybe I miscalculated the time and damn it was 0640 and the line was long. 

It was time to get in and I realised I was going to be a standing passenger and the conductor decided not to give me change so you can imagine standing in a Zupco Bus for 2 bond. 

I wanted to take a selfie regardless of the situation

Although my first time sucked...my second time proved to me that believing in the process helps because i went to school sitting in a Zupco Bus and I could not stop smiling lol. Umlilo was on repeat!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World Of Emojis

Appreciating Being A Woman

Zimbabwe @ 40 :A Letter To The Freedom Fighters