Music: Never Ending Commitment

Sitting at the balcony staring at my two favourite instruments playing music in my head and with the amazing view of my beautiful Zimbabwe it feels like heaven. 

Hearing this you might think that music has some type of witchcraft because how can you feel this way and still be normal...

As a mbira player I got to appreciate people like Chiwoniso Maraire( may her soul rest in peace) especially the song " Rebel woman" . She has been a big inspiration to me. When I play the mbira I feel more grounded and as a Dreadlock person I'm guessing you can see that the African culture is deep rooted in me. It isolates you from societal norms that can crack your head over and over again and connects to your inner self. 

Knee deep in jazz we talk about the Legendary Oliver Mtukudzi who played the guitar like it was the missing bone to make him complete. 

Let's just have a moment of silence as we remember him as today marks one year without our legend...

Neria, my favourite song  of all time, I would play it all the time and it was the hardest because the moment you thought you had all the notes figured out, you are back to square 1...one true Legend. 

Walking from home to work or school I feel so empty without music because it feels like a long way and reading situations does not sound the same anymore. But when i have headphones its like walking in paradise...every building feels like it has sentimental value , every human being becomes the story of the year. Its a world full of life. 

Getting way inside my playlist we have Gqom music which makes every African soul dance even if they don't know how to dance...that frown on our faces is good enough. The vosho dance, chicken dance, spantsula, shoulder dances( amapiano) can make everything a celebration in your life. 

Its a never ending commitment with music! 

I wrote this blog listening to music...imagine how much I enjoyed. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World Of Emojis

Zimbabwe @ 40 :A Letter To The Freedom Fighters

Appreciating Being A Woman