What does it mean to be YOLO


Well someone asked me what’s the history behind you feeling like you have understood the word YOLO after all these years and shockingly I had a lot to say as if I wrote a book about before. Let’s get to it. Tracing back to the life I used to live I didn’t really allow myself to be liberal because a lot was happening around me and somehow I felt like being trapped is the best option. Let me just unpack this a little. People around made a lot of mistakes in their lives including getting pregnant because of one night stands, getting into numerous quarrels with their parents because they partied until morning or they got home drunk. Living in an environment like this I was like why do people risk it in the first place because it causes so much disunity and pain. Thinking about it I just felt like I needed to share my opinion about it. I made a vow to myself that I will never engage in activities that will cause me any pain and misunderstanding with people I live with but unfortunately this vow kinda made me the most boring person that has ever lived on earth. A part of me wanted to ignore it but the other part of me was like you gotta try to be more free spirited. I spent years trying to fight this temptation talking to my mind, the walls and  my family which is what people called an unhealthy life…most would say I will become an author but I was like nahhh its takes years to be good at that. After moments of intoxicating myself with more of myself I decided to give the so called living on the edge a piece of me. One trial showed me flames because I ended being told that I was in a newspaper and this is not just any newspaper…it’s the scandalous newspaper. My mind was on fire…I could not believe that dancing and screaming for your favorite song (which is something I was craving to do) could make you famous. The worst thing was that my parents found out and yeah the so called liberation did not love me at all. At that time I was sitting there feeling like I’m lost and have no control whatsoever of my own life…I felt like the person I never wanted to be. I don’t know if it’s a thing for people who think a lot but somehow they want to do a second trial and this time with all the facts figured out so I did a second trial and a third trial until I adapted to knowing people more and having different characters around me hearing their stories and also having people gossiping about me and yeah people don’t usually get excited about these things but I was and still a habit of mine. Living my life as a liberal woman(#YOLO) I learnt a lot of things. First of all I learnt that problems cannot be erased because nothing is perfect so you should look at the problem as something creative and edit it to make it more appealing to you. Secondly what people say about you do not define you because everyone is entitled to their own opinion so see them as people who are adding more color to your life…I mean who does not like a bit of controversy. Thirdly attract the right people even though most are notorious but never underestimate them. Last but not least always have an open mind…what I mean by this is that you have to speak your mind and not only let the walls know your agenda, frustrations, expressions and all that but to make people aware of your feelings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World Of Emojis

Zimbabwe @ 40 :A Letter To The Freedom Fighters

Appreciating Being A Woman