One Time Conversations

Looking tired and looking forward to having an affair with my bed for at least 3 hours max to get back to my energetic myself, there she was smiling and glowing in her favourite colour yellow. At that moment I wanted to be my energetic self but I ended up saying, ‘Hey’ with a short lived smile. Without paying any attention to her introduction, her love for my hair gave me some sort of energy to have a conversation with her. And the black me started with a small talk conversation and the awkward silence was creeping and a part of me wanted her to say, ‘it was nice seeing you again’ , but I decided to know her a little because her dreadlocked hair made me want to know how she defined herself in the Rasta Farian World. I started with something simple, ‘What do you do’. The moment she said psychology, I wanted to be funny and ask her if she read minds but I thought that maybe she was tired of that joke. The way she opened up about not attending lectures because she felt like it was stupid to listen to someone who is reading from a book or piece of paper, ‘give me the name of the book and I will read by myself.’ Liberated minds, being blunt were the characteristics of my generation Rasta and I felt a connection. As always women talk about relationships and yeah sometimes the responses are usually depressing every time I ask but her response was different.

“I am single at the moment but I prefer long distance relationships because I don’t want to be suffocated and think of things to do every time to make our relationship amazing so yeah.”

A lot of questions flooded my mind, I mean what if the guy cheated on her and what if he is not what says he is and she responded with two important words, ‘Loyalty’ and ‘Adventure’. In my mind I’m like I’m too black to do long distance relationships as long as a man has feelings and needs satisfaction. Out of nowhere she comments on my clothes and yeah it was too black for me not to say that it’s not my favourite colour when she asked me. And yes her favourite colour was yellow and it explained her bubbly personality and how open she is...she was like a grenade you would want to keep. Getting more interested in what she was all about we went our separate ways unconsciously and she just said bye and I couldn’t ask for her number so that we can hang out more.

You can only meet once with the person who strikes you as the most amazing person.

#lockdown

#thoughts 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World Of Emojis

Zimbabwe @ 40 :A Letter To The Freedom Fighters

Appreciating Being A Woman