A Letter To My Mother

  "Thank you mama for the nine months you carried me through, all that pain and suffering..."

Hey mama

Growing up you taught me how to do the dishes, how to sweep the house, how to serve people in a respectable way although I hated it because it was a lot of work especially when he had a lot of visitors.

The lovely part about how you raised me is that you didn't want me to be mannered so that I can be approachable but to make me feel good about myself because the feeling of having to cook a meal that can be swallowed without choking is something to feel good about.

Thank you mama

Not forgetting how strict you are when it comes to school work. I remember one time you hit me with a remote controller because I was failing to tackle this mathematical equation. You even wrote in your diary once, "strong monitoring on Nicole's studies." From that moment I took my studies seriously and asked you all the time when I doubted myself about a certain theory. Thank you mama

Your middle name is order and your last name is organised so yeah being a disaster child sometimes I got a taste of your gift of shouting, but...

Thank you mama for making me an organised woman although I prefer my things lying around everywhere so that I think more creatively(weird). And I would want to believe some of my shouting skills come from you lol.

Thank you mama for telling me over and over again to stop seeking validation from other people and taking opinions to heart because everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

Thank you for supporting my crazy ideas and helping me make them normal. Your encouraging words motivated me.

Thank you for teaching me that you can't go to church mad at someone because it doesn't help to praise the Lord when you feel angry inside.

Every new year you told me to write what I wanted to do differently and to commit to it.

You are the best friend I want to treasure for the rest of my days and I will keep your words.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World Of Emojis

Zimbabwe @ 40 :A Letter To The Freedom Fighters

Appreciating Being A Woman